It can be really disappointing when you get a t-shirt printed and after a few washes it has shrunk or the print starts coming off. Because at Teet Shirts we use the highest quality pre-shrunk cotton t-shirts with a durable print that doesn’t come off, this is rarely an issue for our customers. But it’s still a good idea to follow these tips to ensure your custom t-shirts stay looking their best for a long time to come:
- Wash custom printed t-shirts and other garments inside out. This reduces the amount of wear and tear on the print itself, helping it to stay intact and looking great.
- Be sure to not mix coloured and white t-shirts, in case the colours run. Off-white t-shirts don’t look very cool!
- Don’t tumble dry your clothes. Although it’s sometimes impractical if you’re living in a flat with no balcony or garden, or if the weather is wet. Tumble dryers put fabrics through some pretty harsh treatment, and all that heat and friction is like an intensive torture session for t-shirts. Hang them on a radiator or clothes horse and let them dry “naturally” for best results.
- If you’re handwashing, be careful not to excessively twist your t-shirts out of shape.
- Be sure to stretch the t-shirt back to its normal shape after washing and before drying.